Postgraduate Diploma in Islamic Counselling
This programme is designed to focus on counselling within the areas of marriage, family, addiction and crisis. It aims for attendees to be knowledgeable, skilled and competent in providing counselling and effectively helping clients solve multicultural, social and psychological problems professionally.
At the end of this programme, attendees will be able to:
• Integrate the concepts of counselling as one of the Islamic da’wah approaches.
• Acquire the theories, approaches, techniques and strategies of Islamic counselling.
• Manage counselling services and conduct counselling sessions using appropriate assessments and measurements, which includes making consultations and referrals.
Why learn at Pergas?
• Islamic integrated concepts
The curriculum is developed in line with the teachings of Qur’an and the Prophetic tradition.
• Singapore Muslim community focused
Integration of concepts with the issues faced by the Muslim community in Singapore.
• Malaysian Board of Counsellors compliant
Abide to the technical requirements and counsellors’ training by the Malaysian Board of Counsellors.
• Recommended training requirements
As proposed by the Association of Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT), USA.
• Includes practicum
With hands-on experiences as well as supervision from certified counsellors.
|Duration||2 academic years|
|Number of semesters||4|
|Date of Commencement||19 June 2020|
|Schedule||Friday, 6.30 pm – 10.30 pm|
Saturday, 2.30 pm – 10.30 pm
|Venue||Wisma Indah, Pergas|
|Language||English / Malay|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||$2400 | $1800 | $1800 | $1000|
For more information including fees and modules, download the full prospectus below
For any enquiries, email us at: email@example.com
How to apply:
- Apply Online
Checkout below and fill in the required information. Processing of your application may be delayed if information is incomplete.
- Pay Application Fee
Upon submission, you will be directed to a payment page. Pay application fee of $150 via PayPal (PayPal account is not required). Application fee is non-refundable. Application form is submitted upon successful payment.
- Submit Supporting Documents
You will be contacted via email to submit your supporting documents.
Pergas reserves the right to reject applications from non-asatizah.